Requirements to the foreign applicants
INVITATION FOR STUDY.
To cross the border and arrive in Ukraine, foreign applicants are required to have a type D visa. For this purpose, they must receive an invitation for study of the established by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine standard form.
The invitation can be issued to foreign applicants only after confirming that they meet the academic requirements for admission to KhIMU.
The invitation for study for foreigners and stateless persons is issued by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and by the University in accordance with the established procedure.
To enter Ukraine for the purpose of study, the reason for visa applying is the original of the corresponding invitation letter and request of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine to provide visa support.
LIST OF NECESSARY DOCUMENTS TO GET THE INVITATION FOR STUDY
To apply for confirmation of academic requirements correspondence with further receiving of invitation letter, foreign applicant has to deliver to university the following documents (it’s possible to send documents on the email of the department of foreign nationals, passport and visa work: email@example.com ):
- Scanned copy of the original of passport first page;
- Scanned copy of the original certificate of secondary education with a list of subjects and grades;
- Scanned copy of the original consent for processing of personal data signed by the applicant personally.
Additional requirements are the compliance of education documents with the criteria for admission to a higher education institution in the country of origin of the applicant and the implementation of the procedure of legalization and recognition of documents in Ukraine. High level of knowledge in biology, physics, chemistry and English is a top priority. The applicant's passport must be valid for at least next 2 years (at the moment of the invitation letter issue) and have 3 free pages.
AFTER ARRIVAL, FOREIGNERS AND STATELESS PERSONS SUBMIT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN NATIONAL, PASSPORT AND VISA WORK THE FOLLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- Invitation for study (original invitation from KHIMU or a copy of the invitation letter from another educational institution);
- 4 notarized copies of the passport translation into Ukrainian;
- 2 notarized copies of translation of educational certificate into Ukrainian (with notarized translation of Apostille into Ukrainian);
- Birth certificate (with notarized translation into Ukrainian);
- 24 photos (size 3.5 x 4.5 cm);
- HIV test results;
- General medical examination certificate (with translation into Ukrainian);
- If available: certificate of additional education, language certificate, certificate of the preparatory department completion;
- If available: Temporary residence permit in Ukraine, and registration certificate in Ukraine.
TERMS OF ARRIVAL TO UKRAINE FOR DOCUMENTS SUBMISSION:
Arrival to Ukraine for documents submission to the University for the summer intake is from June,1 to October,30 and for the winter intake is from January,10 to February,28. To cross the border, foreigners must inform the University administration in advance (within 7 calendar days) of their arrival and send a copy of the tickets. It is also mandatory to have a type D visa in the passport, original of invitation for study, along with funds to confirm financial security.